Most of us have at least one friend or acquaintance who is a constant overflowing fountain of useless information. No matter the topic, they always seem to have some obscure knowledge of the subject loaded in their chamber full of bizarre wisdom no one else would ever think about. Or care about.
Understanding how, or more so why, they continually seek their intriguing voyages beyond the standards of academia good enough for the rest of us is beyond the normalcy of our limited abilities to understand. They cross bounds where others don’t give a rats ass to go.
In honor of these unsung purveyors of whimsical wisdom whom I greatly admire, long may they choose to remain different, I offer the following facts for those who may be unaware.
Just so ya’ know…
1. Every year an average of 100 people die from swallowing ballpoint pens.
2. Almost all American car horns honk in the key of F.
3. The longest word that can be typed on the same single row of letter keys is the word ‘TYPEWRITER’, while the word ‘STEWARDESSES’ is the longest word that is typed only with the left hand.
4. Women blink twice as much as men.
5. Chickens outnumber people.
6. Horses and rats don’t know how to puke.
7. Unlike Bugs Bunny, rabbits should never eat carrots. They can cause serious digestive problems and tooth decay.
8. When a snail sleeps in, a snail sleeps in. They can snooze for three years straight without stirring.
9. With no chemically induced assistance, a male lion can ejaculate 50 times a day.
10. Goldfish have a 3-second attention span.
11. In Israel, all postage stamp glue must be certified kosher.
12. Besides humans, dolphins are the only other species that have sex for pleasure.
13. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
14. A cockroach can live nine days without its head before finally starving to death.
15. In Paraguay, dueling is legal provided both duelers are registered blood donors.
16. The average human grows 590 miles of hair during their lifetime.
17. On average, 12 newborns are handed to the wrong parents every day.
18. Birds have the right of way on all highways in Utah.
19. Rubber bands last longer if they are refrigerated.
20. More than 50% of people in the world have never made or received a phone call.
Bonus Fact #21. If you hit every single “follow” button on this page your wildest dreams will all come true.
Have any tidbits of useless information of no particular value to anyone? Please enlighten the rest of us. We eagerly await your wisdom. You can do so here, or by visiting the “The Open Window Shade” on Facebook.